In this guide, I will be talking you through the steps that you need to take in order to add-on your Godaddy domain onto your name cheap hosting plan. This guide may also help you if you have your domain and hosting registered elsewhere.
Godaddy Changing Nameservers
- The first thing that you need to do is log in to your GoDaddy account
2. Now click on your profile name at the top right corner of the GoDaddy home page and click on “My Products”
3. You will now see a list of your domain/s. Find the domain that you want to add-on to your hosting provider account and click on DNS. You will now be on the DNS Management page
4. Scroll down the page until you see “Nameservers” and click on the blue “Change” button.
5. Click on Enter my own nameservers ( advanced )
6. This is where you need to type your Namecheap nameservers. Once you have typed in the below nameservers click on save and then after a minute refresh the page to see the changing take effect. You will also notice that under Records it will say a message “ We can’t display your DNS information because your nameservers aren’t managed by us”
Nameservers That You Need
Checking To See If Your Domain Is Pointing To Your Hosting Provider
- Go to https://www.whatsmydns.net/ and type in your URL and then click on the scroll-down list and choose NS. Now click on search.
2. Check to see if your domain is pointing to your hosting provider by scrolling down the page and checking the name servers making sure they match with your hosting provider name servers.
Please note that sometimes it can take up to a couple of hours for the domain to point to the name servers and not all countries will show a green tick.
How To Addon Your Domain Onto Your Hosting Provider Account
- Login to your Namecheap hosting account and go to your Dashboard
2. Now find your main domain associated with your hosting account ( this is the domain that you used when you first purchased the hosting plan on name cheap)
3. Click on Manage to the right side of the domain
4. In the tabs across the top of the domain, you will see Domain, Products, Sharing & Transfer and Advanced DNS. Click on Products
5. You will now see your hosting plan ( mine says Stellar plus, your one may be different). Click on Manage. You will now see Cpanel. Click on Cpanel
6. Now that you are in your Cpanel scroll down until you see the section called Domains and click on Addon Domains
7. You will now see Create an Addon Domain. You will now need to type in your domain name without the www. part ie thewebsiteseller.com in the New Domain Name section and then click on the empty space under Subdomain. Once you have clicked in the empty space the Subdomain and Document Root will automatically populate details for your domain.
8. Now click on Add Domain
You have now successfully added your domain from Godaddy onto your Namecheap hosting provider account.
If this guide has helped you please like our post on our Facebook page and Instagram account. To access our Instagram account >Click Here< and to access our Facebook account =>Click Here<=
In our next blog post, we will be showing you how you can Install WordPress For Your Domain
This guide was written by Lee Knights